Term Paper Subjects
Arts and Movies
Health and Medicine
Legal Issues and Law
Music and Musicians
Poetry and Poets
Politics and Politicians
Science and Nature
Getting Started with a Term Paper
Really want to get off to a good start with your essay or term paper? You must or you would not be reading this. Determine the following before you attempt to write.
- What is your essay writing assignment? Do you understand just what your professor or teacher is asking for? As a college professor I have seen many an essay and term paper writing assignments botched up because students failed to do as instructed. If you are having trouble determining just what the essay assignment is then ask your instructor until you are clear as to what is expected. Guessing can get you in a bind.
- Get to know your essay and term paper subject and just what you want to do with it.
- Determine just whom you are writing for. Define a motive for this writing. Saying your teacher or professor is making you write an essay paper is not a motive. You want your essay to be interesting to a wide audience.
- Do not produce an essay without a purpose. The first sentence you are going to write starts like this, The purpose of this paper is to...... You fill in the blanks.
References for a Term Paper or Essay
Finding good references for you work is now easier than every with the use of the Internet. During my days as a high school student we spent a lot of time searching out essay references the hard way. We had to climb around library bookshelves. We had to tinker with microfiche. We had to take copious notes on 3 X 5 cards. Oh, yes, we used typewriters and/or ink on paper. No one was even thinking of word processing.
Here are a few simple steps to learn the subject you are going to write about.
- Do your class assignments, read what your teacher tells you to. Do not bluff your professors or teachers. I tried this and it rarely worked.
- Learn to use the academic search engines. I cannot believe just how many of my students do not know how to do this. When I say academic search engines I am not talking about the common Internet search engines such as Google and Yahoo. If you do not know what I am talking about contact your school library and ask them how you can connect to the academic search engines such as the Ebsco Host or the Wilson Web. You will never regret learning how to use them. They are easy to use and contain millions of quality articles on just as many subjects.
- Read other term papers. You do not care if the papers are good, bad, or in between, just read other essays that concern the same subject you are going to write about. If you follow my advice on this website you will learn to tell the quality essays and term papers from mediocre essays and term papers. Even poor essays can have good ideas that may help you in your writing. This site has links to thousands of term papers and essays at a very low cost. You even get excepts from each paper. These links point to a real term paper buffet; all you care to read.
- A word to the wise. I had three students in one class turn in the same exact essay, errors and all. They copied this essay off a free term paper site. They did not intend to write a decent essay. They decided to take the easy way out. They did not collaborate. Needless to say they got a lot of trouble. Dumb. I hope you take the extra time to produce a quality essay or term paper. The only way to get good at writing is to write. I guarantee this. Remember, "if you take from one author it is plagiarism; take from many authors and its research." (Mizner, W.).
Instant Access to Term
Papers and Essays
45,000+ essays and term papers (highest quality)
40,000+ essays and term papers (great papers)
35,000+ essays and term papers (value priced)
Free Term Papers and Book Reports (Over
2,500+ good papers)
My essays and term paper sites offer you the
opportunity to buy an entire archive for one low price for up to six
months. You also can view samples of every paper in my archive now.
If you find a better deal, take it.